Summer pasta in white wine sauce
~ Shopping List ~
- 1 pound dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Pinot Grigio)
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- kosher salt
- shredded Parmesan
While your pasta is cooking, in a skillet large enough to fit the cooked pasta, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, crushed red pepper (if using) and oregano. Cook 1 minute. Add green and red bell peppers. Cook until softened, 3 minutes. Pour white wine and reserved pasta water over the mixture. Cook for 5 minutes. Add strained noodles to sausage mixture and toss to coat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-7 minutes or until most of the sauce is absorbed. Toss once more. Season to taste with kosher salt (or cajun spice).
Serve hot along side some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper.
~ Spice it up ~
Love the idea, but miss the meat, try adding sausage to the mix. Cook the sausage before the vegetables to make sure that you don’t miss out on any of that flavour.
Serves perfectly with pickled eggplant and the leftover white wine.