~ Shopping List ~
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (not cooking wine)
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 beef tenderloin filets (6 oz each)
- dash finely chopped parsely
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
~ What to do ~
Sauce: Heat oil and butter in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add sliced onions, salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes or until caramelized , stirring frequently. Add wines, broth, vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
Beef: Lightly rub filets with oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill to preferred temperature. Place onions and sauce on a platter and top with steaks. Garnish with parsley and rosemary.